Redefining balanced + intentional living from the start to nurture both mother and child.
No other human experience leads to such radical transformation as that of becoming a mother. For society to be well and prosper, the mothers must be fully supported and healthy—in every sense of the word. Yet motherhood is given such little recognition and our mothers and their children are falling through the cracks of the current system.
- 80% of women feel “baby blues” and PPD affects 1 in 7 new mothers
- Nearly 70% of women describe at least 1 physical problem during the first 12 months postpartum
- Research shows that 2-25% of fathers are depressed and this increased to 50% when mothers experience PPD
- It’s likely up to 50% of mothers will have some degree of postnatal depletion which can be experienced even 10 years after giving birth
- the psychological impact of a difficult labor affects the child's future wellbeing as well as the mother's
- 32% of births are via c section
- Routine postpartum care usually consists of one six-week checkup
- Less than 3% of Americans live a healthy lifestyle
- 54% of children have 1 or more chronic health conditions
- Pediatric autoimmune conditions are on the rise
- Only 1% of children are eating an ideal diet according to a recent JAMA study
- Children are not spending enough time in nature
- How a baby is born can have a lifelong impact on immunity. Studies show that babies born by C-section are not exposed to certain protective bacteria and are at greater risk for developing illnesses such as asthma, Celiac disease and type 1 diabetes.
- breastfeeding influences the development of the immune system and its protection against disease, for life.
- microbiome plays a vital role in health and disease, beginning in the prental period extending throughout childhood.
To us, there is no place for isolation in motherhood. When families grow together generations flourish, mothers are fostered with wisdom and knowledge directly from those before them, and communities care for everyone as a collective unit. We value a strong sense of belonging built into our way of life. As we come back to our evolutionary roots, the power for real change begins when we love and nurture others. Our mothers and children are like seeds, they do not grow overnight and they need love, nourishment, cultivation, and time.
Welcome to the Holistic Mother
Hi there! I’m Alexa. Just like you my life is multifaceted and I have many roles. By day I’m a certified integrative health coach, holistic lifestyle expert, and a women’s wellness advocate. I believe generations flourish when families grow together and our mothers + children are loved, nourished, and have the time to truly bloom. I’m passionate about planting the seeds for a more holistic motherhood experience from day one. We are the only wellness brand that specifically focuses on nurturing mother and child in the first 5 years. Our goal is to redefine a new wave of education to help women confidently navigate a more organic approach with ease so it doesn't overtake their lives. Let's work together, shall we?
Partner with Me
Currently seeking collaborative partnerships with community driven and passionate individuals, companies, and community leaders that celebrate the story of motherhood, believe in positively shaping the world our children will inherit, and those that align with our core values. If you would like to collaborate with us or have a partnership idea, please feel free to reach out below.
Complete the form below, to work with Holistic Motherhood
We believe in simplifying our foundation of living into one that's based on transparency and connection to our true nature. The truth is, there is no one size fits all approach to this. Motherhood is perfectly imperfect. We see the potential to shift the paradigm from fear to truth, while supporting and empowering mothers to live more holistically and look for each other in answers.
We are grounded in intention from the start. By incorporating practices that bring balance while making us feel whole and empowered, we are intuitively aligned in our motherhood experience so we can stay present for the moments that matter most. We are continuously striving to cultivate awareness and be mindful in the process. Intention is a choice we make as we develop resources that come from within.
When we make a decision, we take a conscious approach. We know that everything is connected. What we do to the earth, we also do to ourselves. Our choices and our lifestyle matters. We have the capacity to elevate the standard by taking action from a place of love rather than excess. By aligning our efforts with a higher purpose and becoming more compassionate in the process, we become vessels for positive growth.
For us, there is no place for isolation in motherhood- the power for real change begins once we love and nurture others. When families grow together, we witness generations flourish and mothers become fostered with wisdom from those directly before them. We value having a strong sense of belonging in our way of life. Our mothers and children are like seeds, they need love, nourishment, cultivation, and time to truly bloom.
We provide the tools to live with greater connection while letting go of generational habits and cultural mindsets that no longer serve us. You deserve to become everything you were meant to be, while raising your little ones to be everything they were created to be. We see mothers with dignity, respect, and an intuitive gift for knowing what is best for themselves and their children.
I’m Alexa Schuman a holistic lifestyle expert + certified integrative nutrition health coach who turned my own experience and passion for the women’s wellness movement into a collective space for new mothers to live holistically. Now I’m planting the seeds to show you how you can do it too!
Intention was her