I believe you and your child deserve to thrive from day one
No other human experience leads to such radical transformation as that of becoming a mother. For society to be well and prosper, the mothers must be fully supported and healthy—in every sense of the word. Yet motherhood is given such little recognition and our mothers and their children are falling through the cracks of the current system.
- 80% of women feel “baby blues” and PPD affects 1 in 7 new mothers
- Nearly 70% of women describe at least 1 physical problem during the first 12 months postpartum
- Research shows that 2-25% of fathers are depressed and this increased to 50% when mothers experience PPD
- It’s likely up to 50% of mothers will have some degree of postnatal depletion which can be experienced even 10 years after giving birth
- the psychological impact of a difficult labor affects the child's future wellbeing as well as the mother's
- 32% of births are via c section
- Routine postpartum care usually consists of one six-week checkup
- Less than 3% of Americans live a healthy lifestyle
- 54% of children have 1 or more chronic health conditions
- Pediatric autoimmune conditions are on the rise
- Only 1% of children are eating an ideal diet according to a recent JAMA study
- Children are not spending enough time in nature
- How a baby is born can have a lifelong impact on immunity. Studies show that babies born by C-section are not exposed to certain protective bacteria and are at greater risk for developing illnesses such as asthma, Celiac disease and type 1 diabetes.
- breastfeeding influences the development of the immune system and its protection against disease, for life.
- microbiome plays a vital role in health and disease, beginning in the prental period extending throughout childhood.
Redefining balanced + intentional living from the start to nurture both mother and child. Living well begins the day you make the choice to not settle for less. Intention is our favorite superpower.
What Is Holistic Motherhood?
Before working with Alexa, I considered myself health-conscious, yet I was introduced to an entire world of wellness that conventional medicine would have never showed me. Finding supplements specific to my body, debunking health myths, and maintaining good habits were invaluable insights. Perhaps most importantly, though, was the lesson of self-love. I've learned that true fulfillment comes from within, not from some sort of magic diet pill or any kind of pop-psychology. She inspired me to trust my journey, find strength in my own spirit, and embrace the beauty that this world is constantly offering us. She empowered me as a woman and a friend . Alexa broke down my wall of stubbornness and offered me a new start. Even if you feel like you have it all under control, there is always so much more to learn about the world of wellness.
After being diagnosed with Lupus and battling major depression for a year, I found no real benefit or changes in treatment through medication. Exhausted and confused, I started working with Alexa! We covered everything from foods that help with mood, to autoimmune disfunction, hormone balancing, and more. In our store and market tour, she taught me how to read labels, what to buy, and what to avoid. We even created a VEGAN weekly meal plan that my kids and husband actually loved. I’m extremely grateful for the new found knowledge Alexa has provided me with and the opportunity to take my health back into my own hands!
Before working with Alexa I had an all or nothing attitude which quickly led to confusion and burn out . She taught me how to start small, break habits, and pay attention. You go in thinking you need one thing — but through conversation you come out realizing wow this is the reason why I need this. For me it was prioritizing my life and managing my time, once I worked on that it was way easier. I wish I knew Alexa when my children were small, life would have been simpler. She has a way of getting to the root of the problem and helped open my eyes not only to a cleaner way of eating, but prioritizing life and balancing what’s important.
PLANTING THE SEEDS
FUN AND INTERACTIVE
DESIGNED WITH YOU IN MIND
I’m Alexa Schuman a holistic lifestyle expert + certified integrative nutrition health coach who turned my own experience and passion for the women’s wellness movement into a collective space for new mothers to live holistically. Now I’m planting the seeds to show you how you can do it too!
Intention was her